Preparation For Element Analysis In HPLC Vials
Sample Preparation: Nitrogen and sulfur analysis in HPLC Vials
The quality of many petroleum products is related to the amount of sulfur and nitrogen present. Knowledge of sulfur concentration is necessary for processing purposes. There are regulations promulgated in many federal, state, and local agencies restricting the amount of sulfur present in fuels. Nitrogen content affects the performance of the oils and is therefore an important parameter as well.
The most time-consuming process in this analysis is the sample preparation and ideal for automation. The Synchron Xperimate pipetting station is equipped with heating modules, shakers, barcode reading and automated crimping. The heaters and shakers allow melting and homogenizing of solid fractions, before diluting accurately on an analytical balance. The feedback from the integrated balance ensures a precisely known dilution factor to reliably interpret analysis results.
The automated crimper makes the samples ready for direct analysis with ultraviolet fluorescence (sulfur) or chemiluminescence (nitrogen). Of course track & trace via barcode readers is ensured as well as the LIMS connection and database management.
Related ASTM methods:
ASTM D4629 – 10 Standard Test Method for Trace Nitrogen in Liquid Petroleum Hydrocarbons by Syringe/Inlet Oxidative Combustion and Chemiluminescence Detection
ASTM D5453 – 09 Standard Test Method for Determination of Total Sulfur in Light Hydrocarbons, Spark Ignition Engine Fuel, Diesel Engine Fuel, and Engine Oil by Ultraviolet Fluorescence
ASTM D5762 – 10 Standard Test Method for Nitrogen in Petroleum and Petroleum Products by Boat-Inlet Chemiluminescence.
- Industrial solutions with integrated lab technology22 juni 2021 - 10:00
- Floyd2D Tubepicker 4x faster!22 juli 2020 - 19:12
- Automated Formulation System22 juli 2020 - 07:06
- Cost-efficient robotic enclosure22 juli 2020 - 07:04
- Robotics is hot (Dutch)22 juli 2020 - 07:03
- Collaboration between Synchron and Festo (dutch)22 juli 2020 - 07:01
- Building blocks for custom solutions21 juli 2020 - 14:53
- The DNA-Cruiser21 juli 2020 - 14:53
- Our SeedPickers will individualize seeds from multiple batches, fully automatically21 juli 2020 - 14:52
- Smart Maintenance Labs21 juli 2020 - 14:11
Laboratory Automation & Engineering
Mon plaisir 23
4879 AK Etten-Leur
Tel : + 31 (0)76 8200 284
Trade Register: 17064886
Bank: ING – 660068397 – BIC INGBNL2A