Technical Service Engineer
Who are we?
Synchron makes laboratories future-proof through smart automation and engineering. Our company develops tailor-made solutions for customers in the Agro, Life Sciences business and more. Our workstations, including decks, can be customized and optimized to automate any protocol. You can find Synchron in Etten-Leur, where we work with 18 mostly technical colleagues on many projects both domestically and internationally. Our motto: “If we can think it, we can build it!”
What will you do?
As a Technical Service Engineer, your workday is extremely varied. You will be in contact with different customers working in different industries. For example, on Monday, you might be in a hospital laboratory, while on Tuesday, you’ll be installing a liquid handling system in a lab in the petrochemical industry. You can expect to have multiple European projects per year, so get ready to travel to different companies as a problem solver or inventor!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Installing the personalized and optimized workstation at our customers.
- Conducting problem diagnosis, service, and preventative maintenance on our liquid handling systems.
- Sharing information obtained from unique customer problems with the team of colleagues.
- Providing demonstrations and training customers on the use, problem-solving, and maintenance of the application development.
- Managing the correct inventory of parts by checking the stock to determine the inventory level. You can anticipate the necessary inventory and place and expedite orders for deliveries.
- Following procedures and adhering to local safety procedures.
- Collaborating with colleagues to determine what works and what doesn’t. Every project is different, and each colleague has their own specialization. As a Technical Service Engineer, you will have a lot of freedom, but this also comes with responsibility.
What do you bring to the table?
For this position, we are looking for someone who recognizes themselves in the following profile:
- You have a solid technical background in the field of Engineering, Life Sciences, Chemistry, or something similar. A background in HLO or biomechanics is also welcome!
- You have (some) experience with technical maintenance and are technically skilled.
- Preferably, you have experience with customer contact.
- You have a collegial attitude and good social skills.
- You have a desire to make a difference.
- You are proficient in Dutch and English.
- Driver’s license B is a must, as you will be driving to customers.
You will be working in a young, growing team where everyone contributes to the projects. You will work closely with your colleagues. One day you will work from the office and have a pleasant lunch with your colleagues, the next day you will be on your way to a customer to fix a malfunction. We work hard, but we also value each other and maintain a good atmosphere. Fun activities are organized, and we enjoy having a good BBQ and/or a beer on Friday afternoon.
What do we offer?
- Attractive salary
- 12-month contract
- 40 working hours per week
- Collective accident insurance
- 25 vacation days per year
- Good pension plan (50/50 premium employer, employee)
- Company car and phone
- The possibility to take courses to develop and grow, also in salary.
Max. size: 64,0 MB